- Total $0.00
When you visit our Services, our Brands may collect the following personal information from or about you:
· Online Identifiers: IP address, advertising ID, unique device ID, and other information about your device, and internal and third-party IDs that have been assigned to you.
· Location Information: Information about your precise location that we collect from your device (collected in limited circumstances) or information about your general location derived from your IP address.
· Internet Activity Information: Information about your use of our Services, your interactions with the e-mails we send to you, and your activities on other websites you visit, including the web pages, content, and advertisements you view and links you click on, and whether you open, forward, or click the links in e-mails we send to you; your browsing history; and social media you use, including the “shares” and “likes” you make on a social media platform that is connected to the Services.
· Inferences about Your Interests, Preferences, and Other Behavioral Data: Hobbies and interests (like your favorite foods, which videos you like, your purchases, favorite recipes, or consumption tendencies).
· Demographic Information: Age, gender, race, education level, income information, occupation, marital status, and information about your household/family status such as the presence of children/child age ranges, household size, own/rent indicator, and the length of time at your residence.
Some of our Brands may offer you the opportunity to register for a print subscription, sign up for a newsletter, register on our Services, ask us for additional information, or purchase products from us. When you do that, those Brands may also collect:
· Contact Information: Your name, phone number, postal address, or e-mail address.
· Account/Registration Information: Username and password, reminder questions and answers, subscription and account numbers, and communication preferences such as which newsletters you would like to receive (when you provide that information to us).
· Payment Information: Billing address, shipping address, credit card or bank account number, expiration date, and card verification number (when you provide that information to us).
· Loyalty Account Information: Account name and password, points, and reward selection.
· Health/Fitness Information: Information about your health and fitness, including body type, general health, physical injuries, exercise and activity levels, weight loss objectives, and dietary preferences (when you provide that information to us).
· Other Personal Information That Consumers Voluntarily Choose to Provide: Any content you submit or make available when you use the interactive features on our Services (like photos and comments), as well as the personal information about others that you may share in order to send others (friends, relatives, colleagues, etc.) information that may interest them.
We collect personal information about you from a number of sources:
From You. Some of our Brands collect your contact, registration/account information, payment information, and any other personal information when you provide it to us on the Services. When you make a purchase on the Services, we also retain a record of your purchases and order history.
From Your Device.
What Are Cookies and Other Technologies?
· Web Beacons, Pixel Tags, and Other Tracking Technologies. Web beacons, pixel tags, and other tracking technologies are small strings of code placed on a web page or in an e-mail or advertisement. These technologies allow your browser to recognize and store certain types of information such as cookies previously set, the time and date that you viewed the page with the beacon, and a description of that page.
Can You Opt Out?
In most cases, yes! There are some cookies that we need in order to operate the Services. If you delete those cookies, the Services would no longer function (as an example, if we can’t remember the items you put in a shopping cart, then you won’t be able to place an order on the Services). You can always decide to opt out of or delete the third-party cookies (cookies set by advertisers and data partners) on our Services.
· Advertisers. In some cases, the advertisers that serve ads on our Services will share your e-mail or online identifiers with us so that we can make sure their advertisements or offers reach you.
· Data Partners. We work with third-party data partners who share personal information with us, including your demographic information, internet activity information, purchasing information, and interests, preferences, and other behavioral data, which help us understand you better and ensure the content and services we offer are relevant and compelling.
· Service Providers. We work with service providers that collect personal information on our behalf in order to provide services to us, such as hosting our websites, processing our credit card transactions, fulfilling your subscriptions and orders, verifying your identity, and other activities needed to help us provide our content and services to you. We only allow our service providers to use your personal information in connection with the services they provide us.
We and other Facility-Safety Shop and the service providers working on our behalf use personal information collected about you to:
· To send you e-mail and postal mail, including our Brand newsletters, surveys, and other communications.
Fulfill Your Subscriptions, Orders, and Other Requests.
· Fulfill your orders and requests for products, services, and information (including to send you newsletters via e-mail or postal mail).
· Some of our Brands offer products and services you can purchase individually or on a subscription basis. We use the personal information you provide at checkout to process your orders on those sites.
· To help you redeem points earned from loyalty programs.
Create and Manage Your Account.
· Create and manage your Account, including providing you with access to your Account.
Marketing Facility-Safety Shop to You.
· We may use your personal information to market the Brands to you, as well as the products and services of the other businesses owned by the Facility-Safety Shop, when we have the appropriate agreements in place.
Personalize Your Experience on Our Services, Including the Content and Ads Displayed to You.
· Customize the content and ads you see when you use our Services, visit the websites of other companies, and receive our e-mail communications.
· Remember your browser settings and any preferences you set while using the Services.
· Recognize you across our Services so that we may deliver relevant interest-based content and advertising to you.
Provide and Improve the Services.
· Analyze, operate, and improve our Services (including repairing errors or debugging) or develop new ones.
· Allow you to participate in features such as surveys, polls, sweepstakes, and message boards.
· Measure and analyze visitor traffic and usage patterns and improve the quality and effectiveness of our Services, features, and related communications.
Advertising, Marketing, and Other Research for Our Advertisers.
· Provide you with special offers, promotions, and information from other businesses owned by the Facility-Safety Shop and select third parties (as permitted by law).
· Understand trends in how the visitors to our Services interact with the ads, content, and features on our Services (e.g. your behavior on our Services may be included in a general report about whether people prefer video content over written content on our Services).
· Help our advertisers reach you by e-mail.
· Conduct market or audience analysis and related reporting (e.g. to give reports on who our visitors are and whether the ads displayed are effective).
Security and Fraud Prevention.
· Enforce our legal rights or comply with the law.
· Prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities, comply with applicable law, and enforce our terms of service on the applicable website.
We may use your personal information for any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect your personal information, provided we have obtained the required consent.
This section contains information on the personal information we collect about residents of California (our “California Consumers”), including the sources of that personal information, how that personal information is used, with whom it is shared, and the rights that California Consumers have under California law.
I. Our Collection of Personal Information
What Personal Information Do Our Brands Collect?
· Online Identifiers (IP addresses, device IDs, and other internal and third-party identifiers we use to recognize you online).
· Contact Information (name, e-mail, postal address, ZIP code, and telephone number).
· Location Information (information about your precise location that we collect from your device (collected in limited circumstances) or information about your general location derived from your IP address).
· Internet Activity Information (your use of our Services, your interactions with the e-mails we send to you, and your activities on other websites you visit, including the web pages, content, and advertisements you view and links you click on, and whether you open, forward, or click the links in e-mails we send to you; your browsing history; and social media you use, including the “shares” and “likes” you make on a social media platform that is connected to the Services).
· Interests, Preferences, and Other Behavioral Data (including purchase behaviors).
· Demographic Information (age, gender, race, education level, income information, occupation, marital status, and information about your household/family status such as the presence of children/child age ranges, household size, own/rent indicator, and the length of time at your residence).
· Account/Registration Information (username and password, reminder questions and answers, subscription and account numbers, and communication preferences such as which newsletters you would like to receive (when you provide that information to us).
· Payment Information (billing address, shipping address, credit card or bank account number, expiration date, and card verification number, when you provide it to us).
· Loyalty Account Information (account name and password, points, and reward selection).
· Health/Fitness Information (body type, general health, physical injuries, exercise and activity levels, weight-loss objectives, and dietary preferences, when you provide that information to us).
· Other Personal Information That Consumers Voluntarily Choose to Provide (photos, comments, or personal information about others that you post or submit on our Services).
What Are Our Sources of Personal Information?
· You (when you register on our Services, subscribe to one of our publications, or otherwise submit personal information to us).
· Our advertisers who place ads on services.
· Our data partners (these are companies that give us personal information about you to help us and our advertisers understand who you are and what you may be interested in).
· Pixels, cookies, and other tracking technologies (which collect personal information about you when you visit our Services online).
How Do Our Brands Use Personal Information?
To Provide the Services to You:
· To contact you (to deliver our newsletters, surveys, and other communications to you).
· To fulfill your subscriptions, orders, and other requests.
· To create and manage your account when you register on our Services, and provide you with your membership benefits.
For Advertising and Marketing:
· To market our services to you.
· To combine with other personal information we receive from our data partners to help us learn more about you, your interests, and your preferences so that we can customize your experience on our Services (including the content and advertisements displayed to you).
· To create consumer segments (groups of cookies and other IDs based on personal information we collect about, for example, “women age 35-44 who have purchased mascara,” which we share with advertisers looking to sell mascara or products we think people who like mascara may also be interested in).
· To serve targeted ads to you on the Services or other websites sites (to help us, our advertisers, and our advertising networks and platforms identify the best ads to display to you on our Services, based on the interests, preferences, and other behavioral data associated with your online identifiers).
· To help us identify you and understand your interests and preferences so that we can customize your experience on our Services (including the content and advertisements displayed to you).
· To help our advertisers contact you, directly or online.
For Auditing Our Interactions:
· To help us measure the effectiveness of the ads on our Services, including to understand whether you click on the ads on our Services and whether you buy the products/services advertised.
For Our and Your Security:
· To prevent fraud, including by verifying your identity.
· To detect security incidents.
We share the personal information below with our service providers. Our service providers help us send our newsletters to you, fulfill your orders, and provide advertising and marketing services, and for analytics, and carry out other activities that support our business. Our service providers only use the personal information we share with them to provide these services to us.
Below are the categories of personal information we disclose to our service providers:
· Contact Information
· Demographic Information
· Online Identifiers
· Internet Activity Information
· Payment Information
· Interests, Preferences, and Other Behavioral Data
· Loyalty Account Information
· Health/Fitness Information
· Other Personal Information That Consumers Voluntarily Choose to Provide
Personal Information We Sell to Third Parties
In limited circumstances, some of our Brands share your personal information with data partners and advertisers whom we allow to use that personal information for their own commercial purposes. These disclosures are considered a sale under California law.
Below are the categories of personal information that some of our Brands sell to third parties:
· Contact Information
· Online Identifiers
· Internet Activity Information
· Interests, Preferences, and Other Behavioral Data
III. Your Privacy Rights
What Rights Do You Have?
· Shine the Light Rights – You have the right to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, a list of the third parties to whom we have disclosed certain types of personal information (if any) for their direct marketing purposes in the prior calendar year. At our option, we may respond to such requests by providing instructions about how our users can exercise their options to prevent our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
· Right to Opt Out of a Sale of Personal Information – You have the right to ask us not to sell your information to third parties.